Rural areas are the backbone of many countries, and India is no exception. With more than two-thirds of the Indian population living in rural areas, it becomes crucial to manage and develop these areas. An MBA in Rural Management is a course that equips students with the knowledge and skills to manage rural areas efficiently.
The Indian government has initiated several schemes and programs to develop rural areas. However, there is a significant gap between implementing these schemes and their effectiveness. An MBA in Rural Management helps bridge this gap by training professionals to design, implement and monitor rural development projects.
MBA Rural Management Salary in India
There is also a significant need for professionals who understand the nuances of rural areas. Rural areas vastly differ from urban areas in terms of culture, social structures, and economy. An MBA in Rural Management gives students a deep understanding of rural areas, enabling them to develop and implement effective solutions.
The starting MBA Rural Management salary in India can vary depending on factors like experience, location, industry, and company. However, on average, the starting salary for MBA in Rural Management graduates in India can range between Rs. 4-8 lakhs per annum.
With experience, the MBA Rural Management salary can increase significantly. Graduates with 5-10 years of experience can expect a salary between Rs. 8-15 lakhs per annum. Those with over 10 years of experience in the field can earn between Rs. 15-30 lakhs per annum. The MBA in agribusiness salary can also vary based on the industry and sector one is working in.
The rural management sector is expanding rapidly in India, with many job opportunities opening up in government agencies, non-profits, and private companies operating in rural areas. As a result, the demand for skilled rural management professionals is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, which is likely to increase the salaries offered in this field.
MBA Rural Management Scope
The scope of MBA agribusiness is increasing rapidly as the demand for professionals in this field is rising. Various job opportunities are available for students after completing an MBA in Rural Management.
Some of them are:
- Rural Development Manager: Rural Development Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating development projects in rural areas. They work with communities and governments to identify their needs and provide solutions that meet their requirements.
- Agricultural Project Manager: Agricultural Project Manager works with farmers and other stakeholders to improve agricultural productivity, promote sustainable farming practices, and ensure food security.
- Rural Marketing Manager: As a Rural Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for products and services in rural areas.
- Rural Finance Manager: Rural Finance Manager manages financial operations in rural areas and collaborates with local communities & businesses to provide financial services and advice, manage budgets, and ensure financial sustainability.
- Agribusiness Manager: Agribusiness Managers work with farmers, processors, and distributors to develop and implement strategies that increase productivity and profitability.
- Agricultural Economist: You will be analysing economic data and trends in the agricultural sector and working with governments, businesses, etc., to provide advice on economic policies and practices that promote sustainable agriculture.
- Food Scientist: The food Scientist is responsible for developing and testing new food products that are healthy, safe, and appealing to consumers.
- Agricultural Consultant: Agricultural Consultant is responsible for providing advice and guidance to farmers and other stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
With the increasing demand for professionals in these fields, the scope of these courses is expected to grow further. Therefore, students interested in the development of rural areas and the agricultural sector can opt for these courses and build a rewarding career in these fields.
Get the Edge with the KIIT School of Rural Management Placements
KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM) offers excellent placement opportunities for MBA in Rural Management graduates. The placement cell of the school works closely with various organisations, including NGOs, corporate houses, and government bodies, to provide job opportunities to students.
The placement cell organises various training programs and workshops to enhance the student’s employability. These programs help the students to develop their communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and leadership qualities, which are essential for a successful career in rural management.
KSRM makes experiential learning the core of their MBA in Rural Management course and allows the students to engage in the following three fieldwork segments:
- Action Research Segment
- Case Study Segment
- Management Traineeship Segment
These segments throughout the course give the students an edge as, along with theoretical knowledge, they are also aware of its application.
The school’s strong alumni network helps connect students with potential employers. The alumni network also provides mentorship and guidance to the students to help them make informed career choices.
KIIT School of Rural Management also offers various facilities to support placement. The campus has well-equipped classrooms, computer labs, and an extensive library with access to various online resources. The school also has a dedicated placement cell that supports the students in terms of resume building, interview preparation, and job search.
In addition, the school offers summer internships to its students, which provide them with hands-on experience in rural management. Students can spend little more than 30 percent of the total course credits in the field with KSRM’s partner organisations. The students have the flexibility to choose among the various projects offered by these partner organisations. These internships help the students to develop practical skills and build a network of professional contacts.
Overall, the KIIT School of Rural Management offers excellent placement opportunities and facilities for MBA Rural Management students. The institute’s focus on providing practical training, developing leadership qualities, and building a strong alumni network makes it a preferred choice for students looking for a successful career in rural management.